Saturday 10 September 2016

Gluten Free Barbecue Sauce With Pork Ribs

Today I created a new recipe for BBQ sauce, and BOY, does it ever taste great! The best part is it is GF for all those people who can't have gluten.


What you need: 2 Tbs cooking oil, (I used canola); 1 medium onion, chopped finely; 2-3 garlic cloves, minced; 1 large can (796ml) crushed tomatoes; 300ml water; 3 Tbs white vinegar; 1/2cup of GF soy sauce; 1/2 cup molasses (I used blackstrap); 1 tsp each ground mustard, ginger, coriander, and  laos or galengal - (this is an Indonesian spice often used in my kitchen.); 1 Tbs crushed red hot chiles - (you can increase or decrease the hot peppers to your own comfort level; salt and pepper to taste.

What you do: heat oil over medium heat in a 2 L saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened, but not browned. Reduce heat to low.  Add all the other ingredients, and stir well, letting the sauce simmer for 20 minutes or so.

I am planning to make ribs for dinner, so I will pour the sauce over the prepared ribs and allow them to marinate for a couple hours, then cook in the oven for 2 hours at 300* F.

To prepare the ribs, I cut them into pieces of about 4 ribs, and then put them into a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Let the ribs simmer about 40 minutes to an hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment